Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Cool Radio

Exactly an year ago Yahoo introduced launch cast radio on yahoo messenger in the messenger 6 suite. I was completely bowled out by this radio. It was very "Kool". It was the first radio where I could customize the songs I listen to. I have rated hundreds of songs\artistes and albums since and customised the station very carefully until one fine day yahoo came up with messenger 7 suite which was more like the Skype messenger. Everybody in my team moved to this version of ymsgr and I did the same owing to "herd" mentality! But then I discovered to my horror that my radio didnt play! I cursed the damn day when I installed this latest one. Upgrades are supposed to be better. They are supposed to make the best out of better features in the previous versions. But after an year of listening to the radio I found the new version completely useless sans the radio - Well, What good would be a file sharing and conferencing tool if the server is always busy? I was waiting for the day when I could revert back to my old version. The project is over now and I stopped using skype altogether and the features in ymsgr 7 are mere appendages to me and nothing else ... Then yesterday while surfing the LAN I found the ymsgr6 suite in one of the computers and immediately I copied it and installed and successfully reverted back to the older version. Now after a full 3 months Iam listening to "mystation" on yahoo launchcast. My workstation has become lively again. Cool Radio!!!

2 Comments:

At 9/02/2005 02:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bull,

Good that you are enjoying ur music as ever. I have a cool incident which i would like to share it with you, might be a bit shocking. In my office i have upgraded the yahoo to 7 after a long thought and reminders from yahoo... but my laptop was still running on the earlier version as i was very keen on not takinga security rick for my laptop on the net. I usually do a through check of anything i install on my laptop for possible vulnerability (u can say it has become a part of my profession).
I was very happy and ignored all the update reminders from yahoo while logging on to the chat. Suddenly, day before yesterday, while i was on a chat, the whole chat interface stuck and there was a force update done by yahoo on my laptop. Luckily my firewall stopped it and there after i was not able to enjoy the full functionality of the yahoo chat (with earlier version). i porbably think that the forced update has tried to screw the existing yahoo on my laptop. i had no other go than uninstall the existing yahoo, manually clean the registry and install the newer yahoo.
sure is a pain... but its all in the game... just a bit of customization and some work on yahoo makes it work like normal. if you want some cool site for customization visit http://www.carbonize.co.uk (thought it is not good to visit from ur workplace)
All the best with ur yahoo and i only hope that u'll not be forced to have an update in the near future

 
At 9/05/2005 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Xenas said...

Thnx Krishna,
But sad to say - the radio stopped working as it was aksing me to upgrade on a regular basis and now its not working - perhaps it is time to tweak the registry a little bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home