Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sinhagad trek


The last two weeks seemed like eons of geological time to pass by. I embarked on a trek to Sinhagad on one of those Saturdays but was very unlucky because of the rain and heavy fog that engulfed the place - So no great photographs - the photo you are seeing on the right was taken from the digital camera of a friend who was extremely patient with his camera so as to shoot the images at all the right places at all the right spots. The fog, the rain, the chill, all made the trek a memorable one but the only complaint I have is that I could not photograph the extremely well preserved fort walls of Sinhagad as the valley was thick with fog. There was an area at the top most point in the fort where the wind was blowing so fiercely that I got the feeling that I was flying. All the small waterfalls near by became water-"ups" :) as they started shooting upwards towards the fort instead of flowing down into the valley. It was certainly not the most demanding treks but it was certainly the most trickiest treks with water flowing all along the path below my feet making me nervous to get every step right. Once on the top I was hungry like hell and was relieved to find myself treated to pitla bhakari (Jowar roti), kandha bhaaji (onion pakoda) and dahi (curd). We had hot roasted peanuts as well. As I wanted to explore the roadway to the fort also (So that I can come by bike another time) I came down by Jeep. Due to the incessant rains I was wet, trembling and exhausted by the time I came back home. Again a hot water bath came to my rescue ...

2 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 01:42:00 PM, Blogger S V said...

hair enti ra ala penchevu !!

 
At 8/03/2006 03:34:00 PM, Blogger Xenas said...

I was wet all over when the photograph was taken ... You were right - I didnt have a haircutsince may this year - just kept it as long hair is "in" now :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home