Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Samvaada - part 6

He says:
Raj, I didnt use the word "risky" to denote job security. I had the following points in mind when I said "risky ". Probably my choice of the word would have been incorrect. But these are my views: 1. I was referring to the effects of such sedentary life on one's health. 80% of software employees complain of head ache, back pain, neck pain and all kinds of related problems. 2. You need to spend so much time in office. What about ur personal life? going to office early in the morning and coming back late night. working on weekends!!! would u have any time for ur wife and kids? your wife and kids would throw u out of home. I recently heard about my onsite engineer friend's father-in-law threatening him for his workaholic ways " Either u leave ur job or leave my daughter", funny is it? No, This happens to many people. Another incident in which my brother's 10 month old son fails to recognise him, because he does not get to see him often 3. I think I am going to forget my real self running in this never ending rat race. Would I get time to pursue my hobbies, my small desires?If at all a holiday comes, I am sleeping the whole day!!!! 4. In corporates, u are paid high because u work for more hours (obviously), but at the cost of ???????? Last but not the least private engineering colleges do pay high now a days, not like before!!! I have seen many uni. profs leading a happy and contented life.
Kosamerupu: Dr PGK does not own two wheeler because he does not know driving!!!
See also: Samvaada - part 5

1 Comments:

At 7/03/2006 03:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read your whole samvaada series...u guys hv been discussing the monetary benefits, salaries n stuf....but dude!! whr's the motivation thingy? one need not only work hard as he is forced to...one might also do it to reach greater heights in his career, attain power etc etc...
i dont know how many lecturers have made a mark compared to a similar figure from the industry...can u answer that??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home