Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Samvaada- Part 2

I say:
Seen your e-mail. Probably this heavy workload will stay for the course of my project as this is my first one in this company. So I have to learn how to do the job. So I too sometimes feel that I have been working for ages and settling down as a lect in my town will actually bring me happiness and leisure to pursue my other pastimes like reading, writing etc; But do you sincerely think that after being in this job until being 35, Will you be able to quit? By that time you will be married, have kids, kids in a costly school, drawing a handsome pay, must have bought a Car (on loan of course), maintaining a bunch of credit cards and god willing might have already bought yourself an apartment (again on loan of course). To support that lifestyle you have to work aiming at higher salaries … It is a vicious circle. This lifestyle permits luxuries which in turn breed a situation where we cannot leave everything just like that. We have to keep working in this rat race until those mortgages are paid – Or just don’t do that – no house, no cards, no loans … then only you can retire early from this job and settle somewhere in a less paying but gratifying job. What do you say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home