Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

My Oscar

In my two years at MSIT - I had a dream - I wanted to get an 'A' (above or equal to 90 marks) for one of my soft skills credits. All my soft skills credits till date were graded 'B'. The only time I came even close to getting an A was when I was awarded an 89. I was trying for an A since a very very long time. I was losing heart with every passing soft skills course that I would ever get an A grade... A couple of months ago we had a soft skills workshop - our 9th (out of the possible 10). I was treating it like a last ditch attempt at an A. I did pretty well - Like I do every time - Two months on ... Results are out - I got an A. I was ecstatic at heart! Was my A solely my credit? Perhaps not - This time around I had two terrific partners for all the activities like role-plays - Lavanya and Ramarao - All thanks to them I could fulfill my dream. It might be little for those of you who do not share the passion but achieving what I wanted is a very big satisfaction. I would like to call it my 'Oscar' because it was as much a tribute to my acting skills as it is to my 'soft' skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home