Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Obituary

A few months ago on a sunny afternoon I was asked to say what my epitaph would read. At that point of time I remember saying - "Here lies a lfe long fan of Windows which was finally responsible for his death!" I meant that for fun then ... Some were more serious - some were more witty. But I never gave much thought to that question then.

This year my eyes went moist for a third time with the death of my beloved senior Sugunakar Reddy fondly known as 'Suggu'. He was one of those cheerful, loved-by-all types. His smile was infectious. It was one of those faces at MSIT that always had a broad smile on it - A rarity indeed! Last july we were at the campus recruitment test for Sierra Atlantic together. We were among the 8 selected for the final round. He made it - I didnt. He joined the company in February this year. He completed his degree, landed up in a job on campus itself , everything was in place. Life is sometimes very unexpected. It is at such junctures that we come to know first hand about the uncertainity called life. Suggu passed away today after succumbing to injuries he sustained in a road accident a couple of weeks ago ... According to what I heard He paid the price for negligent driving on part of a drunken auto driver. His mistake seems to be standing on a side walk. He kept fighting for a fortnight before finally embarking on the journey to the world above. No father should have the misfortune of lighting the funeral pyre of his son. I fear this situation more than I fear death itself - Just to comprehend the grief of my parents in such a situation alone gives me creeps and perhaps my soul would be trapped for ever between this world and the nether ... My heartfelt condolences to the family of dear Suggu ... May his soul rest in peace ...

2 Comments:

At 6/29/2005 09:19:00 AM, Blogger S V said...

May his soul rest in peace.

 
At 12/22/2022 09:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irony of life! You are terribly being missed even after all these years.. Thank you for brightening our lives even if it was for a brief period of time.. You'll forever stay alive in our thoughts.. Happy Birthday :'( <3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home