Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Boxing my way to fitness

"If someone wants a total body work out I would advise them to take up boxing. It exercises every muscle in the body."- Hollywood Superstar Will Smith on the Oprah Winfrey show after finishing shooting for his 'Ali'
I went shopping for a boxing kit on the evening of June 9th, along with a friend (A practising Dentist who was once a body-builder). I got a best-buy deal and it was late in the night that I finally returned home - Mission Accomplished! I still need to fill the bag and start practicing ...
Friends started questioning me as to why this sudden turn of events - Where I was giving more importance to physical fitness ... Correct! I was attaching more importance to staying fit ... Why? Till date after I left high school, I was never into any of the games and sports - They weren't for me ... A few months ago - I had a revelation - In a few months time this course is going to end and then I will join a job in a few more months ... 2-3 years down the line I would get married - 2-3 years after that - I would have kids - Then life falls into the trap of uneventfulness ... So I should enjoy this time like there is no tomorrow!

Friends were asking me If I was preparing for some sports meet or If I was going to bash someone up ... Frankly I don't care - I am staying fit for my own cause - Taking up boxing was my childhood dream (Since I saw "Rocky IV" when I was in class 2). I dont care about anyone else. Now after 1 whole week I finally sweated it out to fill it out with sand, buy the chains and hooks to hang it to the ceiling and install the bag in my room. I can't think of anything else right now apart from punching the bag after a round of aerobics first thing tomorrow morning! Oh - Iam so excited!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home