Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Vist to fort Raigad



I went to Raigad with my brother's family to experience the ropeway. It was the first time that I felt I totally lost it. The journey was tedious - it was a good 160 kms from Pune - the warandhe ghat road didn't seem to end and the children were getting uneasy with all the constant bumping they were getting - courtesy of the bad road, I was getting worried about going back because it was already mid-day and we still didnt even have signs of having reached anywhere near Raigad! Finally we did manage to reach it and have lunch only to find out that the guys don't start the ropeway unless both the cubicles are filled to capacity (8 people in all). I lost precious sunlight (I was armed with my usual Canon locked and loaded along with an old Zenith also loaded for the occassion) because the guy didnt start the contraption until about 3.45 PM! The rope way ride was one hell of a ride! I was constantly thinking that the rope would crack and I would be hurled into the abyss below. I clenched my fists in anxiety and was looking only at eye-level and avoided looking into the valley. The most anxious moment came when the cube was nearing the top most point and it started emitting creaky noises and the cube was shaking - God! I was at a height of about 1400 ft. Finally we descended and got ourself a guide and that guy knew his craft - Just went about telling the history of the place and took us around the fort. The fort was great but it was getting darker and since both me and my brother had never been this far out on our car had our own apprehensions. So we came down via the same ropeway but decided to take another route back home via Paud road. This road was far better but was looking very very desolate - there was not another soul for miles together ... The last straw came when a buffalo jumped onto the road from nowhere and hit our car a little below the right fender rendering the car door unopenable!

The snaps came out nice ... But the CD which I bought at the fort about Raigad turned out to be a fake (They charged me a 100 bucks for that!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home