Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Monday, April 03, 2006

RDB

Seldom do we get an opportunity to watch movies in the mould of Rang De Basanti. A movie so different that nothing like has ever been shot in Indian cinema. A movie that made me think. I wanted to become an IAS/IPS officer, change the system. I was zealous at that point of time. Dreaming big about making big. Making big meant cracking the civil services then. I was idealistic. Something somewhere down the line went drastically wrong and here Iam gathering a paunch sitting all day long in a multi billion dollar software company. Democracy is the last thing I bother about. The voter identity card gathers dust serving just as another means to prove that I reside there. It has been six years and I am yet to cast my maiden vote in any form of election be it general or local body! I don't mind bribing RTOs or Traffic cops or for that matter any other Sarkaari Karmchaari to get things done. I keep thinking of ways to get away with minimum amount of income tax. Scams don't shock me anymore. Video piracy is none of my business as long as the print I brought on rent from the local video store is good. I no longer buy an audio CD because I get mp3s for download either on the net or borrow it from my friends. Long gone are the days when I used to go to the nearest flag hoisting site to salute the flag on R-Day and I-Day. Eons of geological time has passed since I sang Vandemaataram or Janaganamana! All I bother about these days is the pay cheque that gets credited in my bank account at the end of the month. All the patriotism I have swells up only during special occassions only to die the instant the emotions recede. Is is just me who turned like this? Or are the entire genX of India so? When have we,the new face of modern India turn so selfish? I think we need an explosion, something so drastic so as to shake us out of our inertia. If not we will be so used to watching "tamaashaa" that we will be rendered so powerless even to defend our own families let alone the country!

1 Comments:

At 4/11/2006 10:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah right ,
i dont have a driving license but i drive,
i have a voter ID card but still got to try that EVM,
I dont buy audio cd or cassetes , i use the MP3s ,
i dont spend my time well at collge for productive work..,

another GenX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home