Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Worry-wart

I was travelling from Dilsukhnagar to Koti last night. Since I was unable to get a seat in "Veera" I decided to make the journey to KPHB via Koti. I was seated comfortably in an ordinary bus because it was the startting point. The bus was dark. I sat in a corner seat near the rear exit. I was pre-occupied with other matters which seemed quite important to me ... Well, I worry sometimes probably a bit too much! It was dark around me and I closed my eyes and rested my head on the window. I was hearing a constant chatter and laughter from the seat near by. They were chatting in the local Hyderabadi dialect. I was hearing sounds of laughter. As already said some questions kept crossing my mind. Then there was light. I opened my eyes. The light from the street lamps fell on the two guys who were chatting. It was then that I noticed that there was something missing. To my surprise I realized that they were blind! One was completely blind while the other was partially blind. If I was in their place probably I would have been worried about getting off at the right place from that over crowded bus! But their chatter and laughter continued oblivious of the surroundings. The remarkable aspect was that they didnt even take the seats reserved for the handicapped near to the driver's seat! They suddenly made me realize that there are larger things in life and because we are so caught up with worrying about smaller things we tend to miss the bigger picture - Often. I felt guilty because I was trying to mountains out of mole hills while indeed depravation of one of the most important senses in the human body might be considered a huge loss. Those two blind men taught me to take life as it comes and enjoy the beauty of life as much as we can for indeed providence has been kind to me and bestowed upon me skills, health, senses and a sound mind. I should probably use them to bring happiness on the faces of the people around me ...

2 Comments:

At 11/14/2005 03:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if one has a clear mind n knows what he wants, there wud be nothin he wud worry bout, worry dwells only in an un-clear mind

 
At 11/15/2005 01:29:00 PM, Blogger Xenas said...

who ever it is Mr.Anonymous, rightly said ... But to get to the state of having a claer state of mind is an end itself for me ... Thanks for stopping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home