Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Longest hangover ever ...


At MSIT 'Trance' one of the guys from 2005 said "Maadi Vijayawada ... Maadi oka metta college ... Naaku evanni kotha ... Maa vaadu yedho kashtapadi englishulo maatlaadaadu kaani, Naa valla kaadhu ..." (Iam from Vijayawada, Iam new to all this, One of my classmates here did try to pull off this intro in english but I can't do that). I had no problem with either written or spoken english neither did I fear the audience when I was on stage, even before I moved to Hyderabad. Moving to the city only chipped off the rough edges and polished my skills. Here I was able to hone my skills better because there were people around me who were good at it. I aspired to be better than them. But I do have to admit that - Pizza huts, pubs, bars, 4 track roads, traffic jams, designer clothes etc; were new to me too ... The number of restaurants offering a wide variety of cuisines was in itself a big surprise for me! The only thing that bothered me was that I didn't get enough opportunities to pub-hop (I went to a pub just once). I never set foot in a disco. I had virtually no night-life as I was an early riser all through my life. MSIT 'Trance' finally gave me a chance to swing to the tunes spun by a DJ. The party rocked ... But the hangover remained. Yesterday was my third consecutive night where those flashes of light and the numbers were going round and round inside my head. Till date this was my longest hangover. Is it always like this the first time on the dance floor? (Some of my juniors who answer the call of the night might be able to answer the question better and enlighten me) I do not know as yet. But surely I liked the taste of it. I think it is time for me to have a night life, once I settle down ofcourse!

3 Comments:

At 11/09/2005 08:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take your chaser!

http://www.chaserplus.com/

 
At 11/12/2005 03:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter where people belong as long as they are willing to change. I appreciate the quality of remembering the roots at the same time that has nothing to do with persons capabilities or beliefs. Its bad when people use it for wrong purposes.


Nice write raj.

Manjunath

 
At 11/12/2005 04:14:00 PM, Blogger Xenas said...

Thanks manju

 

Post a Comment

<< Home