Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Friday, September 09, 2005

"Tabla"

A new restaurant has come up in our locality near the end of last month. My tongue was itching to try it out. Finally I got a chance to visit it yesterday night with my "roomie". I used to be a regular at "Veda" which is on the first floor of the same building. There were two ushers downstairs on the ground floor competing for the customer's attention. It felt funny having two guys at the door saying "Restaurantaa sir? first floor" (Come for a restaurant? First floor please) "Restaurantaa sir? Second floor" (Come for a restaurant? Second floor please) both at the same time! Finally after passing the tug of war between the ushers we came to the second floor where we were greeted by the doorman and what I saw inside made me gape in surprise.The lighting was just perfect and the ambience was something I have never seen before. The furniture was very comfortable and the air conditioning was damn good. I can surely bet there is not another restaurant in the same league as this for miles around. Though I find the prices a bit on the high side it is both time and money worth spent. I don't know from where they got the idea of serving the biryani in a bowl that was shaped like a "tabla" - truly authentic! The food was good. I can say that this restaurant is going to give the other famous restaurants in the viscinity a run for their money. "Veda" will anyway lose to its competition from the floor above. I dont think anyone would notice the 15-25 Rs of price difference between the two because of the superior and faster service, ambience, quality of the food and above all better airconditioning and music. Tabla is here to stay. A meal for two cost us Rs.280 which is not bad considering the fact that we had chicken and mutton biryanis along with a thick lassi to top it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home