Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

My watches

Ever since I was a child most of the presents I get on my birthday were either books, alarm clocks or watches. Why people always give me those is the question I failed to understand till this day. My room is literally brimming with alarm clocks. Lots of tones, lots of models which have accumulated over the years. It seems odd to me that the first watch that I had was not given to me by my father but by my Maternal Uncle. He was consistent in giving me the latest models until the year 1999. That was when he gave me the magnificent black Sonata that I am wearing now. The clock work is perfect. In the six years that I had the watch it went for a battery replacement just twice - yesterday being the latest! The other watch that I sport is the gold-color coated Timewell. This was presented to me by my father's best friend incidentally also in 1999, when I joined my engineering. That was when the shower of watches finally stopped but that of the alarm clocks continued ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home