Unicorn

Noun: unicorn 'yooni'korn An imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead. Though the popular image of the unicorn is that of a white horse differing only in the horn, the traditional unicorn has a billy-goat beard, a lion's tail, and cloven hoofs, which distinguish him from a horse. Interestingly, these modifications make the horned ungulate more realistic, since only cloven-hoofed animals have horns.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Which one to buy??

I have been using my cousin's Fiero F2 after coming to Pune and have been riding around on it quite alot. It is a good clean bike (The type that my Dad would want to ride) which offers the good fuel efficiency, ease of riding and lots of stability. The 150 cc engine tag is only for the namesake. The bike does not have the punch of a 150 cc CBz or a Pulsar 150. For that matter it is a tad better than the LML 150 NV that I am used to driving around in my home town!

Now comes the million dollar question ... Which one should I buy? If my parents and family have their way I will end up with a Splendor or Victor. I asked the opinion of cousin about buying the F2 and he gave a thumbs down (He was one of the first persons to own that bike when it got launched in Hyderabad). So that is ruled out.

I have zeroed in on 3 options:
1. The Royal Bullet Thunderbird from the Enfield motors flexing its muscles at 350cc
2. Hero honda Karizma at 223 cc
3. LML Graptor 150 cc

Mileage is not a constraint for the moment. Performance take the front seat and looks matter the most. Added to that every second bike that I see parked in the parking lot seems to be a Pulsar 150 DTS-i and every third one seems to be a CBZ. So I dont want to go for them. I have done enough research on Karizma and Thunderbird and both of them costequally heavy on my purse. The Graptor scores a perfect 10 in my mind when it comes to looks and also is economical interms of both the mileage and price tag!

My point in posing this million $ question is - I can get to test ride a Thunderbird or a Karizma in the show rooms around Pune ... But where will I get a Graptor? The LML website seems to be dead and there are not many Graptors that I have seen in Pune! :(

5 Comments:

At 3/10/2006 12:17:00 AM, Blogger S V said...

mava,
nuvvu yekkada thaggaddhu, go for the royal one- Thunderbird from the Enfield.
Enjoy !!

 
At 3/10/2006 03:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im Surprised You ruled out Fiero F2 and choose, karizma and Bullet as options. Bullet is a very heavy and bulky bike, go with it if ur a fan of Bullet. Its not a soft bike, u have to have good muscles to drive it.

I advise u not to take karizma. Very costly to maintain and balance is horrible when braking.

Graptor, was okay, but y do u want to go with LML technology which is not tested.

Pulsar DTS-i is very good one, but its very common.

I donno wht kind of Fiero u drove, Its one of the marvel Suzuki engines. Most durable engine, even after two years, my bike is going faster than a 6-month old pulsar.

Anyways post which one u bought. My vote is for pulsar/fiero

 
At 3/14/2006 10:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna,
Nenite Unicorn best ani cheputa.
The only fault I find is the gear shift from 2 to 3 is sometimes (rare) not good (compared with Unicorn gear shift standards). In general the gear shift is SILKY (I mean it) when compared to Pulsar, Glamour (self experience). The best thing I liked about Unicorn is the service provided by Honda showroom which I never found in any showroom. Unicorn even doesnt make grunting sound when you go on 95KMPH, it has the same beating from 0 to 50 and from 50 to max (no vibration at all). Coming to pickup and power it is at its best at high speeds (above 40), at low speeds I didnt test its pickup as I dont want to strain my engine. I am proud to be a WING rider. :-))

 
At 3/16/2006 10:20:00 AM, Blogger Xenas said...

I trust your judgement Ravikanth ... As Iceman says to Maverick in TopGun (1988) "You can be my wing man any time"

 
At 3/20/2006 11:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Maverick says to Iceman in reply,
"You can be mine anytime" :-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home